Sunday, July 20, 2014

What's Happening on the Mountain

Rain. I thought perhaps I'd been whisked off to the Pacific Northwest. Finally, this morning, there was sunlight, so I grabbed the camera and took some pictures. I think the pictures come out so much better in natural day light. My favorite "studio" is the large bay window at the front of the house.

Look what Mom has made:



You may recognize these from the Whistle & Ivy pattern site because Craft Gawker picked it up and spread it around FaceBook. A family member called and Mom had a commission as quick as you please!

I've finished the sock yarn cowl kit from Friends & Fiberworks:




I've begun a second cowl, the Head in the Clouds cowl by Susie Bonell, using the Berroco Remix in Merlot:




I've finished the middle part of Norah Gaughan's Sturgeon scarf, which I'm knitting in Malabrigo Arroyo's Plomo ("lead" in English):



The color seems to me to have a purple character to it that doesn't come through in the pictures.

Mom has also begun crocheting the entire cast of main characters from Disney's cartoon Frozen for my niece Alex! Here's Anna:




If you haven't watched Frozen, I highly recommend it. It is a musical. It is by Disney studios. It does have a princess and a queen in it. It is about love. BUT it breaks many stereotypes and pops many expectation bubbles. It is a very different film to Brave, so it remains my favorite, but Frozen is a close second, partly because there is some sophisticated character development for a cartoon. Watch it! And, for what it's worth, in my humble opinion, the Idina Menzel version of "Let it Go" is better than Demi Lovato's version. But that's neither here nor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and providing feedback! I love to read your comments and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!